This high quality, state of the art and architecturally complex project involved renovating
the historical Rouss Hall, constructed in 1896, and adding a 125,000 gsf addition to the East
which preserved the context of the surrounding Lawn and East Range structures.
The renovation of and addition to Rouss Hall has resulted in an expansion to the
east with an added foot print of 41,000 square feet and an increased interior space of
120,000 square feet.
The project provides for state of the art classrooms, computing labs, real time
securities trading labs, and an auditorium. The project also includes public
gathering and reception space, a student commons, faculty offices, student affairs and
executive education offices.
In order to maintain proper architectural context the construction involved
substantial excavation for lower level spaces requiring complex
shoring to stabilize and safeguard the existing Rouss Hall.
The McIntire School of Commerce moved back to the Lawn and occupied its
new facilities at Rouss Robertson Hall for the opening day of second semester
on January 16, 2008. The completed facility houses includes classrooms,
faculty offices, and all of the support facilities required by this highly ranked